When it comes to making a gift is always a little stressful because you want to be original but at the same time you want to give useful gifts.
Many stores now allow to make a baby gift registry, similar to a wedding registry, where you can make a list of products that the parents would like to receive as a gift to the birth of the infant. How does it work? You (friend or relative without original ideas, or confused, or simply that you want to play it safe) go in the store chosen by new parents, read the wish list, choose what you’d like to give, from the amount you have chosen to spend , write a note of congratulations, and you’re done. Not a bad idea, but personally, however, I prefer not to do it.
1. Clothes: It sounds obvious but I assure you it is a great help and a perfect gift. Allow me to give some suggestions:
Familiarize yourself with the measurements of the baby at birth , even if you plan to give away used clothes after a few months of birth. If the infant is not the first child and maybe it’s same-sex sibling born to come at the same time … maybe the clothes are the last thing the parents need. If you know the parents pretty well, it might be useful to ask them directly what they prefer and / or opt for another gift …
Try to buy the models that you do not wear over the head but which button up – the young mother will thank you!
2. Diapers: I assure you that they are always welcome … unless … the parents have decided to use cloth diapers. In this case you can opt for those ones! It is true that you buy once and then always use those until the diaper is thrown, but are still a major expense to be incurred for the family! However a package of disposable diapers to keep at home can always be useful even for those who opt for washable.
3 . Diaper Pail: This kind of logically flows from the above – it’s a place to trash the used diapers so that the stench does not pervade the house!
4 . Diaper bags: Continuing the diaper theme, a useful gift and widely used gift is a few scented nappy bags to keep in your handbag.
5. CD of lullabies or sweet music for babies: Who doesn’t like music?
6. Sheets: Either the crib or the cradle will need to have multiple sets of freshly changed sheets. They come in various sizes and textures depending on the age of the child and of the season.
7. Baby Bathrobe.
8. Baby Bath Tub.
9. Baby Towels: Make sure these have hoods, so the baby can be dried completely
10. A photo frame: So the parents can keep a beautiful photo of the baby in it!
Amidst all this baby stuff, don’t forget to get some gifts for the new mom as well!