When a new baby arrives, all attention is focused towards the new arrival. But it is important to keep the mom in mind – after all, she is the one who is taking care of the newborn day and night! The new mother also needs to feel pampered and loved, and giving the mom a few gifts will be highly appreciated. So here are some ideas:
There are few things a mom will love more than soft photo blankets with pictures of her adorable little baby on it! You’ll find that your gift will be used often and with a lot of love!
When on maternity leave, young moms love to hang out in towel robes – these bring home the feel of the spa! A plush towel robe will please the fussiest of women.
You see the theme here? It’s making the woman who has brought the baby into the world feel super comfortable! She probably isn’t getting dressed up and going to the office just yet. So let her lounge around in comfy pajamas.
Especially if it’s wintertime, those special fuzzy ultra-soft socks are always welcome. Just make sure the other members of the family don’t steal these – ha ha!
If the lady in question is fond of coffee, then get her some gourmet coffees, and she will be forever thankful.
And finally, here is a video with some more gift suggestions:
Successful Baby Shower Gifts!
Because the birth of a baby is a joy to the family, friends, and colleagues, everyone is looking for a useful gift for the birth of a baby — or something that will please mom. To give ideas to your surroundings or to find the perfect attention for the birth of baby, see our special birthday gift!
Baby has arrived!
Even if you can not wait to see this beautiful baby and spoil it as it should be, young parents need a little time to adjust to their new life with their little baby. What birth gift should a young mom choose? How to find the original gift that will make a difference? What gifts avoided? And finally, how to have fun without breaking the bank?
When it comes to making a gift is always a little stressful because you want to be original but at the same time you want to give useful gifts.
Many stores now allow to make a baby gift registry, similar to a wedding registry, where you can make a list of products that the parents would like to receive as a gift to the birth of the infant. How does it work? You (friend or relative without original ideas, or confused, or simply that you want to play it safe) go in the store chosen by new parents, read the wish list, choose what you’d like to give, from the amount you have chosen to spend , write a note of congratulations, and you’re done. Not a bad idea, but personally, however, I prefer not to do it.
1. Clothes: It sounds obvious but I assure you it is a great help and a perfect gift. Allow me to give some suggestions:
Familiarize yourself with the measurements of the baby at birth , even if you plan to give away used clothes after a few months of birth. If the infant is not the first child and maybe it’s same-sex sibling born to come at the same time … maybe the clothes are the last thing the parents need. If you know the parents pretty well, it might be useful to ask them directly what they prefer and / or opt for another gift …
Try to buy the models that you do not wear over the head but which button up – the young mother will thank you!
2. Diapers: I assure you that they are always welcome … unless … the parents have decided to use cloth diapers. In this case you can opt for those ones! It is true that you buy once and then always use those until the diaper is thrown, but are still a major expense to be incurred for the family! However a package of disposable diapers to keep at home can always be useful even for those who opt for washable.
3 . Diaper Pail: This kind of logically flows from the above – it’s a place to trash the used diapers so that the stench does not pervade the house!
4 . Diaper bags: Continuing the diaper theme, a useful gift and widely used gift is a few scented nappy bags to keep in your handbag.
5. CD of lullabies or sweet music for babies: Who doesn’t like music?
6. Sheets: Either the crib or the cradle will need to have multiple sets of freshly changed sheets. They come in various sizes and textures depending on the age of the child and of the season.
7. Baby Bathrobe.
8. Baby Bath Tub.
9. Baby Towels: Make sure these have hoods, so the baby can be dried completely
10. A photo frame: So the parents can keep a beautiful photo of the baby in it!
Amidst all this baby stuff, don’t forget to get some gifts for the new mom as well!